Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Where is The Love????

Ok...I'm not sure what's going on in the air but, this week, I know of 5 couples that have or are in the process of breaking up. I'm beginning to think that something is really going on. I've heard all the stories of cheating, financial problems, disrespect...people just being down right trifling. As for the women, they're just tired. Tired of not being appreciated and treated with the same care that they're treating the man. As for the men, they feeling like they're not appreciated and tired of the nagging, fussing, etc. I'm just listening...and at times offering my 2 cents(if they ask).

So this leads me to wonder...is being in a relationship even worth the headache. I know that I'm use to being in a relationship. I'm not a lady who likes to date all over the place...I don't like to spread myself thin...I'm all for a relationship(if its a healthy one). I don't mind working towards making something better if I think the end result is going to be worth it. But nowadays, people are just walking away and not looking back. What is that all about?

I hear all the complaints from men about their significant other. They don't cook, don't keep a clean house, bad credit, don't keep themselves up, not optimistic, not a team-player...and I'm like where they do that at??? All those things come with just being a woman and being in relationship. These men out here want to come home to a hot meal and a clean house, they want to be able to know that their woman is going to have their back in a crisis, that he can look at his woman and know that she's trying to be the best that she can at work, in church, with her family etc...most of my circle of friends have all these qualities BUT...we all have experienced the man violating and going outside of the relationship and in this day in time where AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases and need I not mention just crazy azz broads...its better to bounce. My mom always told me that a good run is always better than a bad stand. But I also sympathize for my male friends who are tired of carrying the load or not being appreciated. I have a great circle of male friends who just keep hooking up with some bad chicks...something is wrong with this picture.

With the weather cooling down, one would think that everyone would be trying to find someone to bun up with for the colder months ahead of us, or just the sake of having someone to build with and share the good & bad things of this crazy world but, it doesn't seem like that's happening(at least not with the people I know). So with that said...where is the damn love???

2 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

i can't understand where these women come from either and they make it hard for the good sistahs that do all those things that we know is necessary!

it truly has me scratching my head

but you are right its WAY to much going on out here to have to worry about if or what he may bring back home

i also can attest to feeling like it may be way better to be single then to deal with the headache or stress of the drama of a relationship

Don said...

Goodquestion, and one that I wish that I knew the answer. If so, I'd write a book and see where that led.

I have been in my fair share of relationships and, sadly, cheated myself out of a few very good women. So I have to point the finger at myself, mainly.

Then there are the few relationships that I was involved that made me wonder if I were perhaps living in The Twilight Zone.

Me and those particular women must have been born on two different planets.

Nowadays I am good with the fact that my current is something like my best friend and can be very becoming, at times.

Good read.